From minor repairs to major changes, your family dentist, if he is certified, can do various procedures to enhance your smile. Dentistry provides many techniques to treat your chipped, missing or discolored teeth. The dentist can reshape teeth, restore short teeth, alter length of teeth and also close spaces between them. Usual procedures may include bonding, crowns, bleaching and contouring. Such treatments are not always only cosmetic, but these can help with your oral problems.
Who should be your cosmetic dentist?To make sure that your dentist is a well skilled cosmetic dentist, AACD recommends that certain queries you should make before undergoing any treatment:
- Before and after pictures- Such pictures will enable you to examine results of the other patients who were treated by the same dentist.
- References-Whatever your source of references, they make you develop sense of quality of the care provided by that dentist.
- Proof for continuing education-Be sure that such a dentist has taken a continuing education and courses for keeping him updated with all the latest procedures in cosmetic dentistry.
- Your dentist also can answer all your questions you have in mind about procedures and techniques to improve your teeth and smile. Condition of teeth you have and the result you desire indicates the suitable procedure for you.
Selecting the right procedure for you:If you have been considering a course of treatment for your teeth, you may ask a few questions from your dentist before you decide and choose a particular procedure.
- What the changes will look like?
- What should be expected during the period of treatment?
- What kind of maintenance required after such procedure?