Milk plays a vital role in providing calcium which is highly beneficial for kids health. Calcium is important for strengthening and formation of the teeth and bone structure. As much as you worry and care for the food for kids, you need to give extra attention on the calcium intake of your kids too. Having the calcium-rich diet while the kids are young makes a huge difference in their health, now and even later in their lives.
Milk- A Great Source Of Calcium For Your KidsCalcium is found in various foods like tofu, cereals, and leafy dark green vegetables but experts have suggested dairy products being best sources of the calcium due to their calcium content. It takes several servings of such foods for getting the amount of calcium which is found in 2 glasses of milk. So make sure you include milk in daily diet of the kids.
Other Essential Nutrients That Milk Provides To Your KidsWhether your kids like regular or the skim milk, you are providing several essential nutrients to them. Milk provides other important nutrients too along with calcium. All the nutrients are very important for the development and optimal bone heath of the kids. Those nutrients are:
- Protein: It helps building and repairing the body tissues, including bones and muscles. Protein creates antibodies which effectively fight infection and keeps a healthy body.
- Vitamin A: It aids tooth and bone development. Vitamin A helps in maintenance of healthy skin and night vision.
- Vitamin B12: It helps in the formation of red blood cells in the human body.
- Vitamin B6: It assists in converting the carbohydrates (food) into glucose (fuel) which is vital for producing the energy.
- Vitamin D: It enhances the absorption of phosphorus and calcium, on which teeth and strong bones entirely depend.
- Niacin: It helps in the normal growth and formation of tissues.
- Thiamine: It releases energy from the carbohydrate and aids in the growth as well.
- Pantothenic acid: It assists in the body growth, physiological functions and production of energy in body.
- Folate: It helps in maintaining and producing new cells. It is crucial particularly during the time of growth and rapid cell division such an infancy.
- Calcium: It aids in maintenance and formation of the strong teeth and bones.
- Phosphorus: It helps the body to absorb Vitamin B, creates energy and maintains strong teeth and bones.
- Magnesium: It helps in keeping the bones strong and heart rhythm steady. Magnesium helps in maintaining the function of nerves and muscles.
- Potassium: Its helps in the proper functioning of muscles and nerves.
- Selenium: Due to the antioxidant effect, it helps in the functioning of immune system.
- Zinc: It helps in functioning of the cellular metabolism. Zinc aids in transmission of the nerve impulses and controlling the hormones in body.