You are here
Vegetable Noodle Soup
You may have tried many soup recipes but this vegetable noodle soup is nothing like all of them. It is easy to make and loved by almost everyone.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 1 rib sliced celery (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- 1 medium sliced carrot (about ¾ cup)
- 1/4 medium onion (half cup)
- 1/3 cup of orzo or egg noodles or any other small pasta or the broken up spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Small handful of freshly chopped parsley leaves, dill or basic
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Serving suggestion: cheese sticks and whole-wheat crackers
Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over the medium heat. Now add the onion, garlic and all the vegetables. Season it with salt, and cook till it gets tender for around 6 minutes. Add pasta and cool till it gets golden in color and slightly toasted, for around 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring it to one boil over the high heat. Keep the lid covered until the pasta is tender, for around 8 minutes. Stir well and add whatever herb the family likes along with the lemon juice. Season it with pepper and some salt as per your taste.
Recipe End Notes
Fill the thermos or pack in the lunch sack with some cheese sticks or crackers. The kids would love to have this soup in their school breaks. The vegetable noodle soup freezes well. If you want, you can add some cooked mini-meatballs or chicken to it.